صفحة جديدة 2
P.O.Box 108, Gaza
Faculty of Engineering
Department of Industrial Engineering Phone 00-000000
E-mail [email protected]
Salah Ramadan Agha
2007-Present Islamic University in Gaza Gaza, Palestine
Associate Professor, Industrial Engineering Department
2004-2006 Islamic University in Gaza Gaza, Palestine
Assistant Professor, Industrial Engineering Department
2002-2004 Islamic University in Gaza Gaza, Palestine
Assistant Professor and Founding Head, Industrial Engineering Department
1996-2000 Purdue University West Lafayette, IN
Consultant for Technical Assistance Program (TAP)
1999-2000 Purdue University West Lafayette, IN
1996-1999 Purdue University West Lafayette, IN
1990-1992 T-Plastics Tipaza, Algeria
Quality Control and Maintenance Engineer
1989-1990 Juma Al-Majid Establishment Dubai, UAE
A/C Quality Engineer
Operations research I, Operations research II, Facility planning and material handling, Principles of production management, Integrated production systems I, Discrete system simulation, Computing in industrial engineering, senior projects
1996 - 2000 Purdue University West Lafayette, IN
Ph. D /Industrial Engineering
1993-1996 Purdue University West Lafayette, IN
1983-1989 American University in Cairo Cairo, Egypt
B.SC/Industrial Engineering/Mechanical Engineering
• Member of the American Institute of Industrial Engineers
• Member of Palestinian Engineers Association
• Agha, S. R., Al –nahhal, M, 2012, “Neural network and multiple linear regression to predict school children dimensions for ergonomic school furniture design”, Applied Ergonomics, accepted.
• Agha, S. R., 2011, “A multi-criteria crop planning model based on the “resistive economy” characterizing the situation in Gaza Strip”,8th International conference on Islamic economy and finance”, Doha, Qatar,.
• Agha, S. R., 2011, “Heat pipe performance optimization: A Taguchi approach”, International journal of research in mechanical engineering and technology, Vol. 1, No. 1.
• Agha, S.R, Nofal, L, Nassar, H., 2011” Multi criteria governmental crop planning problem based on an integrated AHP-PROMETHEE approach”, International journal of applied management science, in print
• Agha, S.R. 2011, “A multi-stakeholder industrial projects selection: an analytic hierarchy process and zero-one-goal programming approach”, 41st International Conference on Computers & Industrial Engineering (CIE 41) ,2011, LA, California
• Agha, S.R, Kuhail, I., Abdulnabi, N., Ghanim, A. Salem, S. 2011 "Assessment of Academic Departments Efficiency Using Data Envelopment Analysis", Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp.301-325.
• Agha, S. R., Jarbo, M., Matr, S. 2012 “A Multi-criteria Multi- stakeholder Industrial Projects Prioritization in Gaza Strip”. Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering- KFUPM, accepted
• Agha, S. R., Hamad, J., Shuman, Y., Mohanna, R., 2011, “Evaluation of Construction Companies Efficiencies: A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach", International Journal of Construction Project Management, accepted
• Agha, S. R. , Alqedra, M., Alkurd, R., Mohanna, R. 2010, “Quantifying Lean Construction Effects: A Discrete System Simulation Approach”, International Journal of Rapid Manufacturing, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp.292-307.
• Agha, S. R. 2010, “School Furniture Match to Students’ Anthropometry in the Gaza Strip”, Ergonomics, Vol. 53, No. 3, pp.344-354.
• Agha, S. R. 2010, “Binary Goal Programming for Academic Plans Design “, Journal of King Saud University -Engineering Sciences- Vol. 22, No.2, pp.77-88.
• Agha, S. R., 2008,” Evaluating and Benchmarking of Non-Governmental Training Programs: An Analytical Hierarchy Approach”, Jordan Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 77-84.
• Agha, S. R., 2006, "Optimizing Routing of Municipal Solid Waste Collection Vehicles in Deir EL-Balah-Gaza Strip, The Islamic University Journal, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 75-89.
• Shi, Jing, Agha, S. R. "Two -Step Cutting as A Tool for Surface Performance Improvement in Hard Machined Surfaces- WEAR, Submitted
• Agha, S. R. "Use of Goal Programming in Water Quality Control and Management in Gaza Strip: Case Study- European Journal of Operational Research , Vol. 174 , pp.1991-1998
• Agha, S. R., 2004 "Recent Trends in Industrial Engineering Education and Their Implications", 2nd International Industrial Engineering Conference (IIEC 2004), Dec., 2004, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
• Agha, S. R. “Use of Linear Programming in Air Pollution Control: A Critique”, Dubai International Conference on Atmospheric Pollution, Feb., 2003, Dubai, UAE
• Agha, S. R. and Liu, C. R., 2000, “Experimental Study on the Performance of Superfinish Hard Turned Surfaces in Rolling Contact Fatigue”, Wear, 244, pp.52-59.
• Agha, S.R., and Liu, C.R., 2000, “On modeling the rolling contact fatigue performance based on residual stresses generated by super finish hard turning,” American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Manufacturing Engineering Division, MED, 11, pp. 1047-1053
• Agha, S. R. and Liu, C. R. “Effect of Cutting Conditions on Rolling Contact Fatigue of Super finish hard Turned Surfaces”, Proceedings of the 5th international conference on Manufacturing Technology, 1999, Bejing, China.
• Liu, C. R. and Agha, S. R. “Experimental Study of the Pre-stressing Capability through Residual Stress Generation in Super finish Machining of Hardened Steel”, Proceedings of the International Mechanical Engineering Congress, 1997, Dallas,,USA
Awards and Training Received
• Dr. Ihsan's Award for creativity, 2007
• Patent granted, USPTO Number 7117574, Determining Expected Fatigue Life of Hard Machined Components
• A training course on “Higher Education Teaching Skills” (Islamic University in Gaza) 2002
• A training course on “ Higher Education Quality Assurance and Control” (Islamic University in Gaza), 2003
• Curriculum design for the first Industrial Engineering department in Gaza Strip and second in Palestine.
• Purdue University Graduate Student Award for outstanding Teaching, 1999
• Started the surface engineering Lab. at the Industrial Engineering dept. at Purdue University
• Fulbright Scholarship 1993-1995
• Ghaleb Al-Farouki Scholarship at the American University in Cairo for two years
• Alumni scholarship at the American University in Cairo for two years
• Member of faculty of engineering Executive Committee
• Head of faculty of engineering education quality committee
• Member of the organizing committee for the second international conference on construction and development
• Reviewer for International Journal of Production Economics
• Reviewer for European Journal of Operational Research
• Reviewer for Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management (JIEM)
• Reviewer for Construction Management and Economics
• Reviewer for Islamic University Journal-Physical sciences
• Multi-criteria Decision making track chair in CIE41
• Editorial board for Islamic University Journal-Physical sciences
• Member of the scientific committee for the third international conference on construction and development
• Member of the university strategic plan committee
Salah R. Agha is the founder of the school of Industrial engineering in the Islamic University –Gaza, Gaza Strip where he is currently an associate professor. He received his BSc. from the American University in Cairo, Egypt and his MSc. and Ph. D from Purdue University. His research and teaching interests are in the field of lean manufacturing, multi criteria decision making, discrete simulation and application of industrial engineering tools in different fields in developing countries especially in the industrial, agricultural, healthcare and education sectors. Currently, he holds one US patent. Dr. Agha has received many creativity and innovation awards.